Because, no matter what the reality may be, some people only care about rate.
We know that the value derived from electricity plans comes from far more than the numbers immediately preceding “¢/kWh,” but customers don’t always get that.
That’s why we’re expanding our product suite in Connecticut to arm you with the most competitive offers on the market. Meet Think Basic: A low-price plan intended to reach customers who are solely driven by rate.
Some of the aspects of Think Basic are in lockstep with our other plans:
- Once enrolled, customers will receive a fixed rate and won’t be subject to any early termination fees.
- We will honor our commitment to protecting 50 trees in the rainforest whenever a customer enrolls.
But, to offer the lowest rate possible, there are a few notable features that won’t be available with Think Basic:
- New Think Basic customers will not be eligible to receive a $100 cash gift card.
- Longer-term protection against rising electricity prices, as the contract terms available are shorter than 12- and 36-monthThink Simple products.
- Enrollments in Think Basic will not qualify for Residual Commissions or Team Residual Commissions.
Our priority should always be taking the time to explain the value of offers like Think Clean and Think Simple, but we want to give you the tools needed to reach as many customers as possible.
Because of the constantly changing nature of this offer, there are some crucial details on how it can – and more appropriately, cannot – be marketed.
Please familiarize yourself with the below FAQs and reach out with any questions.
What is Think Basic?
Think Basic is a new electricity offer aimed directly at price shoppers or prospective customers who are more concerned with overall cost than other added benefits. Think Basic will have the same features as Think Simple, with a few of key differences:
- Customers will not be eligible for a $100 cash gift card.
- While our Think Clean and Think Simple offers are typically set for a minimum of 30 days, the price and contract term of the Think Basic product is likely to change frequently.
How does Think Basic compare to Think Simple?
The Think Basic and Think Simple products are similar, with a few important differences: Think Simple customers are eligible for a $100 cash gift card and protects customers against rising electricity prices with longer-term rates.
Value of Current Rate inclusive
of $100.00 Gift Card
|$0.114 per kWh
|Think Simple 12
|$0.116 per kWh
|$0.103 per kWh
|Think Simple 36
|$0.129 per kWh
|$0.125 per kWh
- The Effective Rate includes the value of the $100 cash gift card.
- The Effective Rate is calculated by dividing the incentive value ($100) by the electricity usage over the term of the product (12 and 36 months). The calculation assumes 7,794 kWh of electricity per year, which is the average electricity usage of households in Connecticut, according to EIA.gov.
- The Think Basic rate used in the table is illustrative and subject to change, whereas the Think Simple rates are available for January 2024.
- When speaking about Think Energy’s rates to prospective and current customers, EA’s should only quote the Current Rate, and are prohibited from quoting the per kilowatt-hour dollar value of the Current Rate inclusive of the $100 cash gift card.
This is a complementary product. We want to arm you with the tools needed to approach all customers, and don’t want you to lose those who are solely focused on rates.
How will I be commissioned for enrolling Think Basic customers?
Given that Think Basic is our low-price product, we cannot offer full commission on customers who enroll in it. A customer enrolled on a Think Basic product will:
- Count as a Personal Customer and/or Team Customer for Rank Advancement.
- Pay a Customer Acquisition Bonus and Team Customer Acquisition Bonuses (including the 2-Level Mentor Bonus, Rank Infinity Bonus, Coded Infinity Bonus and Partner Pool Bonus).
- Not pay Residuals Commissions or Team Residual Commissions (including Level Commissions, Rank Infinity Commissions, Coded Infinity Commissions and Partner Pool Commissions).
Given the Think Basic product does not pay full commissions, it will be the last offer displayed when a customer enters a zip code on your replicated homesite to view our available offers.
What if a customer who transitions on to (or off of) Think Basic? Does that affect my commissions?
Yes, customers switching on to (or off of) Think Basic will impact your commissions.
If a customer switches from Think Basic to another Think Energy electricity plan, you and your team will be eligible for Residual Commissions and Team Residual Commissions on that customer.
The opposite is also true: If a customer switches to Think Basic from another Think Energy electricity plan, you and your team will no longer be eligible for Residual Commissions and Team Residual Commissions on that customer.
Can I add Think Basic to my own marketing materials?
You can educate consumers about the Think Basic product, but you are prohibited from publishing the rate or term length on your personal marketing materials – including social media – as each will change frequently. The current rate and term length of Think Basic will only be available on Think Energy web properties, so you can refer customers to the cart of your replicated homesite where the product will be listed.
Where is Think Basic available?
Think Basic is currently only available to customers in Connecticut, but we plan to offer it in other markets soon.